To maintain a mechanical hospital bed, you need to follow some basic steps to ensure its cleanliness, functionality, and safety. Here are some general tips that apply to both Mingtai manual and electric hospital beds:
- Hand-wash the bed surfaces with a soft, moistened cloth. Avoid using harsh cleaners or soaps, only warm water and a mild detergent. Wipe and dry the bed, making sure that all excess detergent is removed to prevent buildup.
- Check and tighten all bolts, locknuts, and screws. Inspect for excessive wear of oil-impregnated bronze shoulder spacers. These components can be found in the linkage of mattress support section and the Hi-Lo lever mechanism. If worn, replace the shoulder spacers.
- Check the side rails and grab bars for proper movement and latching. Ensure that they are secure and undamaged. Choose removable or retractable side rails and grab bars if you want more flexibility or accessibility.
- Check the headboard and footboard for damage and stability. Ensure that they are attached firmly and do not pose any risk of injury. Choose detachable or interchangeable headboard and footboard if you want more variety or customization.
- Check the casters for proper usage and wear. Ensure that they roll smoothly and lock securely. Replace any worn or damaged tires or locking mechanisms.
For electric hospital beds, you also need to consider some additional steps:
- Check the power cord and cables for any damage or pinching. Ensure that the electrical connections are secure and the ground is attached to the frame. Measure the bed current leakage and ground impedance.
- Check the control switches and buttons for proper functioning. Ensure that the bed lowering using Hi-Lo switch works properly. Ensure that the pendant control functions are working. Test the emergency hand crank if applicable.
- Check the bed frame movement for flexibility and accuracy. Ensure that the bed can tilt, trendelenburg, recline, or chair position as desired. Adjust the height, head, and foot sections of the bed according to the user’s needs and preferences.