A medical supply unit is a specialized equipment used in operating rooms to facilitate the organization and accessibility of medical devices, equipment, and utilities during surgical procedures. Mingtai ceiling supply units are mounted from the ceiling and are designed to support various attachments and accessories to enhance the functionality of the operating room. The specific types of parts can vary, but common features include:
- Equipment Mounts: Surgical booms often have adjustable arms or mounts that can hold and position medical equipment such as monitors, lights, cameras, and other devices within easy reach of the surgical team.
- Gas Outlets: Some medical booms come equipped with gas outlets for medical gases such as oxygen, air, and vacuum. These outlets are essential for providing the necessary gases to support surgical procedures.
- Electrical Outlets: Electrical outlets on OR booms allow for the connection of powered medical devices and equipment. This helps in reducing clutter on the floor and promotes a safer and more organized surgical environment.
- Data and Communication Ports: Operating room booms may have ports for data and communication cables, enabling the integration of various technologies, such as video feeds, communication systems, and electronic medical records.
- Utility Rails: Utility rails or tracks along the boom’s arms allow for the attachment of additional accessories, such as trays, shelves, or hooks, to hold various surgical instruments and tools.
- Integration with Operating Room Systems: Advanced medical supply units may be integrated with the overall operating room control system, allowing for centralized control of various functions, such as lighting, equipment positioning, and communication.